Friday, March 30, 2007

Sierra is feeling at home


Sierra has made herself at home. She was very shy at first, hardly wanting to come out of the crate, but she did ultimately venture out on the second day. By the end of the second day, she was curled up in her new favorite chair in the den, with her head hanging over the side.
Tonight we went back to the Humane Society to pick up some meds for her ear, which is inflamed. They didn't have a record of the prescription (sigh) so they'll get that worked out tomorrow with my vet. But Channel 9 was there for some story, with the mobile van antenna up. Once we got home and the news came on, the story was about yet another kennel where the animals were neglected; but the dogs on the story were barking, and Sierra really perked up. I've never known a dog to really pay attention to TV barking.
Tomorrow I'm painting my guest bedroom, so I was taping the woodwork earlier. Sierra stuck right with me, insisting that she wanted to learn to tape woodwork too. She reminded me that Huskies are Working Dogs (see the AKC classification) but furry paws and a lack of an opposable thumb seemed to befuddle all her attempts, and she gave up.
Overall, she's fitting in to the household pretty well. Cat hasn't quite accepted her, but she's made a couple small attempts at getting familiar with her.

4 comments:

Jeff in NC said...

YAY! I hope she becomes more and more at ease every day. Max and Spike say "Woof", which I translate into "Hey Dawg". Hope we ge tto meet you one of these days. Now we know where we have a spare room waitnig for us! I hope you pick a color we like :p

Urdarbrunnr said...

She has really fit in these last couple days, lounging in 'her' chair and on the couch next to me. Yes indeed, now I remember why I like having a dog.

The guest room is a light gold, in the right light it really comes alive, though I noticed when cleaning up that I didn't do as good a job as I did in my bedroom, I blame that on overcast skies so the light wasn't as good.

Um, sure, you're welcome to visit, though depending on when my dad was last here, I might put you to work on a couple small repairs. And the guest room has its share of all the extra junk I've mentioned recently.

Joe said...

Ha ha... your asking Jeff to do your repairs? Hmm... you might end up with more than you bargained for!

I love the ice blue eyes on that puppy!

Urdarbrunnr said...

Considering how much I hate plumbing, even when it's a simple job, it's a fair price, I say.

Yes, my puppy is feeling at home, all curled up in 'her' chair, with her head hanging over the edge.